View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 02:12 PM   #6
eslai

What's really sad is we were having lunch less than fifty feet away from the car and it was parked like right in the front row. We went back into the restaurant for a little bit and that's when it must have happened, so someone probably saw us get out, eat, laugh and have some fun, y'know? He probably got pissed/jealous and then struck when we went inside.

I feel for people that might be down on their luck, but it still seems very petty.

As for the girlfriend being smart, yeah I'm happy about that as I've witnessed some Bad Ideas before. For instance, my sister was trying to help her husband out with his black beemer during the '90s. It was dirty and caked with bugs so she thought she'd be nice and clean the car for him.

She used a scrubby pad to take off the bugs....

About a month or two later they traded the car in for a mercedes. They went at night and the poor dealer apparently didn't notice, gave them full value on the trade-in. When they talked the next day they said, "Hey, did you know that someone vandalized your car!? It's all scuffed up all over the place. You're lucky you came in last night or we wouldn't have given you as much as we did on the trade in." Husband played dumb, "oh wow! I had no idea!"

Sometimes the dealers lose too.