View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 03:44 AM   #1
Dar01

Question on cold (weather) starting problem

Quick question....I have a 2000 base (2.7, E-gas). If the temperature is below 50 or so, the car does not want to stay running when I first start it. The car turns over fine and starts, it just shakes, will not maintain idle, and If I give it a little gas I can get the rpm's up to keep it running, but too much gas and it will drop and want to stall. Seems like an older 60's car, that needs to be choked.

There are no codes showing, and none stored. I cleaned the throttle body about 2 months ago, it was dirty, nothing wet, just dried gunk. I also ran Techron through about 3 months ago. Air filter is clean

The car runs perfect when it warms up.....Full power, idles nice. If it's warm outside, it starts and runs fine. It is not bad gas, as it has happened a few times, with different gas. I thought I saw the intake temp (pcmscan) a couple notches above 0 degrees Celsius, which makes sense, because it was in the upper thirties that day.

Anyone else have this problem?....any help would be great!..I don't plan on driving it in the cold and snow, but It needs to be corrected.

Thanks guys!

Dar01
Dar01 is offline   Reply With Quote