View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 04:09 PM   #9
Lil bastard

It was the fastest drag car in 1963; not one of the fastest, THE fastest.

There was a good deal of documentation, and you could watch the facts start on either side of the river and be built into a connected bridge, over a couple of days watching the auction happen. If you have a copy of HotRod from 2/1963, the car is there.

Was it worth that much? To me no, but to the winning bidder, it was a deal.

Maybe the most unbelievable thing was that this auction started with a 'Buy it Now' price of $4,000 ! The economy just turned very sweet for the Seller!

It appears that the current owner (Bro-in-Law of the Seller) acquired the car to satisfy a delinquent bill for the car's storage. I wonder if any heirs, assuming there were some, will challenge the ownership? He may have to split his winnings in some way with them, especially if the old man who owned it suffered from dementia or Alzheimer's which impaired his ability to manage his affairs... I can smell the lawyers gathering now.

There is all sorts of documentation on this car and the original alloy front clip has been located in FL (the owner of the clip can also virtually name his price for that too).

Maybe another $200k to get the clip and a total restoration and the buyer will still probably come out ahead - it's 1-of-6 (1-of-3 known to still exist) which makes a lot of Shelby's, Yenko's and such, seem mass-produced in comparison.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

Last edited by Lil bastard; 11-19-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote