View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 07:22 AM   #6
YellowJacket

Send a message via AIM to YellowJacket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
The last time I asked, the Factory extended warranty was available only at the time of original purchase OR if you bought a CPO vehicle from a dealer.

Perhaps that has changed?
That is true. I guess I just assumed that he bought it at a dealer. Maybe this was not the case.

And Porschekid -- that is the whole point of the warranty. It is not designed to cover wear items, the mentality being that you can budget for those problems; you know well in advance when you will need an oil change or new tires. However, the unexpected items, such as a control arm breaking in half or an electrical short that results in a fried ECU (obviously I'm using extremes here) are completely unexpected, so the warranty provides you the ability to "budget" these items by paying a nominal fee in order to know you'll never have to pay for something like this. I'm not advocating it -- to each his own. But on my first P-car purchase, knowing nothing about reliability and such, I opted for the CPO warranty if for no other reason, so that I knew I wouldn't be replacing an engine or tranny in the first 2 years.
YellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote