View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 10:16 PM   #6
Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdrechsel
Thanks for the tip .I was thinking that they could be a more cost effective solution for my squeeky front end .
Hmmm... I would question your reasoning there man. You might want to research polyurethane bushings a bit more. See they're stiffer than the stock rubber parts and don't give as much. This makes them better/more stable for racing applications or general high performance. But one downside to PU bushings is that with them being stiffer they don't give as much as the stock rubber parts and actually SQUEAK a lot. In fact they give you a special lube with the PU bushings to help prevent this squeaking. If you're trying to simply replace squeaking parts and don't need the extra performance, then I would maybe consider your other options. But hey, do a little Google search and see what you come up with, don't just take my word for it.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote