View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #7
j.fro
Rennzenn

Garage
My wife has an 05 g35 6MT Coupe

Not bad, but there are some issues. First off, the TSB/technical stuff: She's had it in the shop three times on TSB's. The first was a creaking noise somewhere under the rear shelf. The shop had the car 3 times, and it took a visit by the regional guy to get it fixed. Second was the clutch slave cylinder. It went around 30,000 miles, and Nissan has an update for it. Third, the 3.5 350Z/G35 motors have had oil consumption issues. We took it in for the TSB on this because the directive says, "Replace Long Block engine if losses are more than 1 qt in 1000 miles" (or something very close). We were just outside of the unacceptable limit. So now, every weekend, I check the oil, and about every other weekend I add half a quart or so.
I'm not a big fan of the interior quality. She's got the light tan interior, and the left driver's seat bolster is really losing the finish on the leather. The car is only 3 years old/35,xxx miles. My 00 986S has 110,xxx and the seat bolster is in better shape.
As well, a lot of the plastic interior parts are obviously spray-laminated with a color finish. There are a couple of places where the plastic recesses, but the laminate does not, and it has a "bubble". I know this will eventually tear, and the finish will peel. Yuk!
The good?? Despite all of that, it is a nice car. It's got a distinct exhaust note, but without any resonance. It's a great GT car. You could drive it (FAST) all day long without too much fatigue. Once passengers make it into the rear seats, they are comfortable. For a car as heavy as it is, it handles, brakes, and accelerates very well. Maybe it's the car that the 928 really wanted to be.
j.fro is offline   Reply With Quote