View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 06:55 AM   #5
YellowJacket

Send a message via AIM to YellowJacket
Is the Passport X50 the replacement for the 8500 or something? I've never heard of it. But then, I recently moved to Virginia, where they are illegal, so unfortunately, I fall under the "no radar detector" category.

If I were to buy one, I would buy the V1. Based on friends who've owned the Passport and the V1, I would spend the extra money on the V1 -- it's a far superior product.

And the directional arrows are very useful -- here's a scenario I just created, but I'm sure there are tons more. You're at the intersection in a small town, and get an X-band hit. In front of you is a grocery store and in all other directions is nothing. If you had the arrows, you could be sure it's a false alarm from the automatic doors in the store. If you don't have the arrows, you're left wondering if it's a cop coming up behind you or crossing in the opposite direction.

By the way, for those of you complaining about looks of the V1, that's ridiculous. If I bought products on looks alone, I'd be on a Mercedes board complaining about the poor build quality of my SL500 right now. :-)
YellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote