View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
Jaxonalden

Garage
Hey buddy,

I got a great deal on mine and heard it was tough to get the stock airbox out. I did my install last night. I've got an A&P and have rebuild jet engines, worked on aircraft, cars, motorcycles, boats, sandrails and ATVs since I was a kid. I thought this was going to be a piece of cake. Four hours later and leaving more knuckle skin on the engine compartment opening than I care to admit, the EVO intake is installed. The stock airbox? Forget about it, it's in 100 pieces and now I'm glad I bought one off of EBay. My complaints; :troll:

1. I wish the filter opening fit the pipe instead of using a piece of radiator hose to shim it.

2. I wish the pipe had a slight bend to it for a better alignment.

3. I wish it came with an Outwear it save the filter from getting dirty to quickly. I bought one off their website, perfect fit. It's easier to clean than pulling the filter and it's waterproof.

4. It now has one bad ass intake growl, I love it!

Good luck with your install, you'll need to crawl under your car for a bottom mount bolt (stock airbox) and mounting two bolts for the new box. Get the car high so you have room to work. They say to remove the drivers side intake manifold for easy airbox removal, right! You can't get at two of the nuts so I got out the Channel Locks and went to town.