View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 05:17 AM   #5
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
^ Does the wiper fluid light come on the dash if the hose gets loose?
None of the fluid is coming out of my nozzles but I can hear the motor working and
The light is on.
Yes, the light will come on because it is trying to push the fluid thru the hoses to reach the windshield, but since the hose came off the tank, the motor is pushing nothing through, and the washer fluid will come right down below the fender instead, hence emptying the tank, and thus triggering the washer fluid warning light in your instrument cluster.

I'd say in almost all the cases, it is because the hose in the driver's side fender (under the drivers side wheel well) came off the plastic nipple of the washer tank. In some cases, one of the rubber lines that runs from the tank on the top side of the front trunk leading to the spraying mechanism may come loose too (although this is more rare). It is easy to check this if you just add washer fluid to the tank, and then turn on your washers and have someone look to see if there is a leak anywhere on the top hoses in your front trunk (remove the plastic cover on top of your battery and the plastic cover to the right of it so that you can see the hoses). My guess, however, is that it is the hose in the wheel well that usually comes off the tank nipple.

This is a really easy DIY fix. All you have to do is buy the smallest hose clamps you can find at an autoparts store, and secure it over the rubber hose that leads to the washer tank nipple. If you bring it to the dealer, they'll do the same thing, but they'll charge you an hour labor for it. Good luck.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red

Last edited by Boxtaboy; 11-12-2008 at 05:27 AM.
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote