View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 07:59 AM   #6
23109VC

yes - it is perforated vinyl. I got it a while back to do the same thing on another car, years ago..and it was still in my garage in a bin with other "junk".

i agree if I could either find it already tinted in a light gray, or, if I could get it custom matched to the exact color, it would look better. I agree, being white, it sticks out too much.

I'll have to see if I could find the stuff in gray, or find someone to print the right color onto white.

as I said - this is a temporary "fix" until I can get it done right. Even if the stickers were painted the exact color, it wouldn't look perfect. Up close you would see that they are stickers.

I do think, however, for a lot of guys on this board, or int eh near future who pick up old high mileage 986s and want to fix them up, but NOT dump a ton of money into them - this woudl be a cheap easy way to deamber the car. if you are on a budget, this is a great way to do it.

at the very least, if you want to see what your own car would look like deambered, and see it on your own car - this is a good way to recreate the look and it only takes a few minutes to trace out the shape of the amber, cut it, and stick it on. nice thing is this stuff is very durable, and stays on a long time w/out fading, cracking, or anyting - but when you want to remove it, it peels off very easily.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote