View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
23109VC

Cleared Headlights - FREE. Opinions???

I had this stuff lying around from another project, so for ME it was free, but if you were to do it, you'd have to pay about $20 to get a sheet of this stuff.

I still plan on doing the REAL upgrade, either with litronics, or 03+ halogens....but until I can find a good deal on a set - this will have to do.

you know those giant signs you see on buses, or on large windows...I believe that is what this stuff is. It has very small holes in it - so once an image is printed on it, and it's applied to a large window, the people inside can see out, but the people on tehoutside can't see in, and see the printed image instead. it appears as if it's a solid piece of adhesive from a distance as your eyes don't see the holes that well. b/c there are holes in it, the orange blinker blinks right through, but form even a very short distance, it blends in with the headlight housing and covers up the amber.

it's a sticker, but unless you get real close, it's hard to tell that it's stuck on. it's sure as heck not goign to win any car shows for being "clean". I've seen people do the same thing with paint - and it comes out much more professional looking. i didn't want to do that. this is 100% removable. it peels right off, almost like a vinyl static cling sticker. so i can peel it off whenver i want with no nasty residue left. for now, it's nice.

if i get anough "take the crap off" comments, i can take it right off.

before

1/2 way done

upclose

From a distance

Part of why I did this was just b/c I wanted to see how it would look it I had de-ambered the car with a light swap - and I like it. I am for sure goin to do the real thing - but until I buy real cleared lights, I can't bring myself to take these off b/c even though it's a sticker, and nowhere near as nice as the REAL thing, it looks BETTER than it did before!
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote