View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 06:46 AM   #3
Burg Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Kaplan
Thinking about getting the B&M Short Shift installed in my 2000 Boxster. If any of you have had this installed, I wanted to find our your experience.

What do you like about it?
What don't you like about it?
If you had to do it again, would you get it installed?

Thanks, Eric
As Nike used to say.... JUST DO IT!

Like everything about it.
Don't dislike it at all.
Absolutely yes, I would install again.

I too was hesitant b/c of all the static out there regarding notchy, harder to shift, etc. Is it notchy? No, I'd describe it more along the lines of being precise. Does it take a little more effort. Yes but I would say it's the same increased effort required to cut thru butter from the fridge (B&M) vs butter at room temperature (OEM shifter). It's not like going from butter at room temp to butter from the freezer. Sorry guys, butter is the only comparison I could think of quickly - must have been the omelets I made everyone for breakfast . If it's overly notchy, you either have the end bushings too tight or you don't have the shift cables aligned properly (not hard to adjust either). Lots of instructions floating around here in the general forum and the DIY forum.

I'm not sure where you're buying it but I know bumperplugs.com has it on sale right now for $179 IIRC.

Go for it! Enjoy
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote