View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #7
Kirk

Good luck finding one to test drive. Maserati only made them from 2002 - 2007, so you won't find one new at the dealer. Still living in Chicago you've got a good bet of finding a used one to test drive somewhere. Report back on your impressions!!!

Personally I think it's worth checking out. With the back seats and trunk it's actually somewhat practical, and for an exotic it's somewhat affordable. If you want the prestige of owning a fine Italian machine, than it's really not a bad choice. I'm actually strongly considering one to replace my old daily driver. I don't think it's an even replacement for the Boxster. The Boxster is most definitely a sports car, while the Maserati Coupe/Spyder is not, it's a grand tourer. So I'll be keeping my Boxster for weekends, as I use it now. But the Maserati might work for me as a DD, especially as I actually enjoy working on cars and have a second car to drive when I am inevitably doing some work on the Maserati. I just have to be lucky and not run into major and very expensive repairs. I'm also considering the Audi TT, Infiniti G35, and RX-8 as those are also more practical 2+2 sporty cars. Unfortunately the Jaguar XK8 and 911 do not have practical (for my pre-teen daughters) rear seats.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote