View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #5
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

I've driven one. The ride is much less refined than I had expected. I like it, but it's not sprung for long drives. The transmission sucks. I hate manumatics anyway and this thing was pretty jerky. It only had about 10k on it and the transmission had already been replaced once. The wheels were so low profile that they got bent out of round and had to be replaced from just driving the car on public roads. After numerous problems with the second transmission, the owner traded it for a new Jag.

I will say, the interior is gorgeous, as is the exterior. The seats are really supportive and it has a perfectly sized (small and thick) steering wheel. The back seats are a joke. The 400 hp is definitely there. Acceleration is great fun, but it would be 100x better with a real manual transmission.

I'd say that if you think the Boxster is expensive of temperamental, you'd be in for a miserable experience in owning a Maser. Personally, If I was going to own an expensive Italian car with only two seats, I would not bother with anything but a Ferrari.

Last edited by blue2000s; 11-08-2008 at 10:08 AM.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote