View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 08:35 AM   #4
Kirk

Yes the eBay user "911ava" is Heinz Meis the Gemballa NA representative. He's in the southern California LA area. As far as I am aware he's the ONLY source of Gemballa body parts in the United States. He's who I bought my rear bumper and side skirts from (see my sig photos). Unfortunately there are not copies of these parts made yet.... so there aren't any cheap alternatives.

One point on cheap copies - you do get what you pay for. I was at a car dealer yesterday looking for a new daily driver. They had a used Scion tC there with a full fiberglass body kit. The kit was cracked and broken everywhere - front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper. It obviously was not made very robustly. The Gemballa parts on the other hand are very robust and seem to be made to withstand the test of time.

To get a price on the Gemballa GT bumper from Heinz you'll have to call or e-mail him. The lower bumper skirt/cover is available on eBay though. For the GT bumper (complete bumper, not just the lower portion) just remember that you'll need the exhaust that comes out of the center of the bumper and the tips for this exhaust. Make sure Heinz includes this in his quote as I believe that's around $2,000 extra for the exhaust and $750 for the exhaust tips. You'll want to get the price on the whole package. Also figure a couple thousand for painting and fitting. The rear metal bumper that's underneath the bumper cover requires a significant amount of modification.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote