View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #10
23109VC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam
I just found out if I want a set of PZero (225/40/18 front, 265/35/18 rear) in 18" it will cost me USD$1600 from TireRack plus install at a shop.

I guess I should start saving now....
You can get those tires WAY WAY cheaper than that. I ordered those exact tires in those exact sizes less than a month ago and I paid $1040 - shipped.

I took them to a local tire shop and paid $20/tire to have them balanced/installed, and another $99 to have a full alignment.

You can easily beat that 1600 quote. you must have gotten the "lets see if this sucker will pay this outrageous BS quote we throw out". tire shops always quote these crazy jacked up prices. once you show them the price at tire rack online, they will match it.

i'm in CA - and it made more sense to order from tirerack direct, and then pay a shop to install them vs get discount tire to match as the sales tax was high enough that it offset any savings.

FYI - I also ordered mine via my wife's website - and got another 4% off. if you want the link, you can have it. she has a business where she gets credit for referring people to websites and tirerack is on their list. you click on her website first - then it has a link to tirerack's site. it knows you got to tirerack via a clickthrough and you get an extra 4% back. you pay tirerack the normal fee, and her website kicks you 4% on a visa card. $40 back is worth an extra finger click!

http://www.fhtmus.com/crandell

go to that site. toward the bottom of the page are a bunch of icons for businesses/companies - there is one in the middle called "Fortune Rewards Mall". you click that and then scroll down the huge list of companies until you find Tire Rack.com

you click through to tire rack - and then you are shopping exactly like you went to tire rack directly, except the fhtm site tracks that you clicked through via the email you log in with. you then get a 4% credit for purchases at tire rack. you get a visa card mailed to you. it's not a scam. of course she gets some credit..but you the buyer save another $40 you wouild not have saved if you just bought straight from tire rack.

no matter how you buy them - whether you click on my wifes link, or just pay $40 more and buy them straight from tire rack - do NOT NOT NOT pay $1600 installed for the tires.

they are awesome tires - i love them. i haven't run ps2s on this car, so I can't compare...but the Pzeros rock. they grip like there is no tomorrow.

good luck!
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote