View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 10:30 AM   #4
panameras

Thanks for posting the dyno graph. I've always wondered how much an 987 S puts out at the wheels. My 986 S has 240hp at the wheels with a little help from an aftermarket chip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
I have an AWE Tuning exhaust coming for my car this week. The plan is to have my car up on jackstands tomorrow night and start loosening bolts on the stock exhaust in preparation for the new exhaust's arrival on Thursday.

The Cayman boys have been reporting gains like 17 HP at the wheels. I purchased the exhaust merely to be loud and anti-social, but if there are real gains to be had, all the better.

I'm curious to find out how different the gains will be on a 3.2L versus the 3.4L, so I did a baseline run today at Dynomite Tuning off Miramar Rd. in San Diego tonight.

First run was in fourth gear, second run in third. Lost a little power on the second pull but not enough to say anything given the limited data.

237 HP /210 TQ. With the factory rating of 280 at the crank, that's pretty much spot-on for the standard 15% drivetrain loss calculation. Car has 50,800 miles on it, so I'm pleased.

I'll give the new exhaust a few days to burn in and then take it back to see what happens.
panameras is offline   Reply With Quote