View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 09:18 AM   #9
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Speaking of desnorking, anyone here resnork? I resnorked recently after having my car desnorked for almost a year, because of a perceived loss of power at highway speeds with the snork tube out (when the airflow differences would be most relevant).

I always had an inkling that the curved trumpet at the end of the snork must somehow smooth out the airflow into the intake to allow a better MAF reading, and that removing it would leave a highly turbulent and uneven flow of air because of all the rough waffle edges in the intake area left after removing the tube.

Before resnorking, however, I removed the cup at the end of the snork, as I thought the cup at the end was a further restriction that was added to help prevent cigarette butts and water from entering the intake. In 2003, the factory removed the cup from the snork tube, and instead put in a mesh screen behind to address those issues of debris entry. Anyway, after resnorking, I do feel that the power at speed has come back, but am not sure if it is all in my mind or not.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote