View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
gregdacat

Just my 2 cents, but I just went through this process in the Spring. . .

I have always been a triple black kind of guy, but color aside I would go with car 4. It is the newest car with the least amount of miles. Also on the more subtle side it appears the headlights have been de-ambered. I have an 02 and mine still have the fried egg look. That tells me whomever had it before put some money in it and took pride in it's appearance. Therefore it was probably pretty well maintained.

Take her for a test drive and don't be afraid to low-ball him on price. Tell him you have 4 other cars you are checking out. If it is not exactly what you are after do not be afraid to walk away. Maybe you will find something better or maybe he will call you back in a couple of days wanting to negotiate. If you do not find something local be willing to look outside Seattle

When I was looking I did not want anything older than an 02, had to be triple black and like you I was in the 15-17K price range. It took me 4 months, but I finally found exactly what I wanted 325 miles away. I have been happy as a clam ever since.

Good Luck