View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 05:18 AM   #11
986FortyEight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
OK 986FortyEight, you being nervous is making me nervous so I did some research and will post a new thread with what I found. If you go to You Tube and type in the search for Porsche Boxster S Engine Rebuild a group of 5-10 minute rebuild clips (about 15) will come up and if you select #10 they are putting the head together and it shows the spark plug tubes going in with the O rings installed.

I hope for your sake the O rings were not installed but I highly doubt it. BTW, this series initially fixed the problem of a crack in one of the spark plug seats by getting it welded and machined.

OK. The video clarifies in my mind what part you were talking about greatly!
I did not touch these tubes and to be honest I did not even see them. So either they are there and I am blind or these do not exist on an 98 2.5L 986.
I will go back and remove the coilpack and check-it out in a minute.

I think that I will take the car to the local Autozone to get a reading of the error code and see what I have on my hands. I am anxious about driving a car with the CEL on and a sputtering engine but this is my daily driver and I need a fix or a game plan ASAP! Anyone thinks that I can damage the engine driving it 1 mile or so?