View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 07:28 PM   #15
trieullionaire

It's gonna take some gettin use to

Guys,

Headlight covers. Yes they are cheap, that is cheaper than getting my headlights deambered. (That alone can help a needy child in a 3rd world country for many months but then again not having the covers at all would probably help as well...but it is the lesser of two evils I suppose). Personally I like it either way, on or off (the shape of the lights are beautiful as stock), it's just the amber lights is an eye sore for me and I'm not ready to drop money on upgrading my headlights just yet...love the xenon ones though (if anyone w/ xenons avail...hit me up). <--you see, caught the bug...difficult to shake.

Yes, I may paint the headlight covers down the road, but that is also the reason why I went with the piano black abs plastic headlight covers, you can put them on and not have to paint them immediately. I mean, I got a set of rear diffusers waiting to be installed for the past two months because I haven't gotten around to getting them painted. So they are sitting on my shelf.

As for the grills, I was going to tape them off like you said just so the fins were painted but with plastic, I wanted to make sure the paint adhesion was going to be as strong as possible.

At any rate, we can't win them all but I'm glad to see you guys taking the time to let me know what you think. I'm sure my next mod is going to draw some criticism or some compliments...painted my gauge rings white like my exterior. Long story short, I got a ding in my chrome gauge ring (the center ring) and because of the polish, you can see how the reflection was not perfect even after I repaired it back to it's former shape. Disappointed, I decided to sand it down and paint it with metallic silver. But then, I figure when will I ever be nuts enough to ruin a perfectly beautiful set of chrome rings again...might as well go on the deep end with this project and have fun. So I painted them white. Will have some pics available by the weekend. Stay tuned.
trieullionaire is offline   Reply With Quote