View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
Wingnut2u

I bought my 01 Boxster S with 48K miles and I contacted warranty direct about an extended warranty, they quoted me $3,000 for 1 yr or 15k miles

Continental Warranty quoted me $3,800 for 60k miles of driving or when the car hits 100k miles, so basically I got coverage for 52k miles of driving.

To me this was a no brainer, but if you choose Continental you have to pull the trigger on the initial phone call, it is a one time offer, I don't like it but that is just how they do it so be prepared.

I have had the Continental Warranty for 3 months and I just made my first claim, CV boots and the dreaded RMS, Continental sent out an inspector who verified the claim, all costs covered except for 8 bolts which cost $10. Did I mention that RUF is doing the work. Overall I was very impressed with Continental and they were easy to deal with.

$3,800 sounds like a lot but in 3 months time I have already saved over half that amount. One or two more claims and it will have been a positive investment and paid for itself. I am feeling pretty confident that I will have at least one or two more claims over the next 4 years of ownership.

IMO you have a Porsche, get an extended warranty, "something" is going to happen but get one that goes well past 34k miles.

Last edited by Wingnut2u; 10-15-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Wingnut2u is offline   Reply With Quote