View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
mts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edevlin
"228 whp stock. With the bypass pipes installed, the dyno showed 237 whp"

Wow, 9 whp with just bypass pipes, that would be great, but it seems high to me. What were the conditions of the dyno runs?

Ed

Same day, same dyno, about 80 degrees +/- for the 1st set of runs with cats, about 84 degrees +/- for the 2nd set of runs with the cat bypass pipes a few hours later. The car may have had ever so slightly lower water and oil temps for the 2nd set of runs, but it would have been very slight as the car was street driven a little prior to the 2nd set of runs. Given dyno variations run to run (+/- 2-3whp), I'd say 6-9 whp is where they came out for me (2 runs each 227/228 and 234/237)....giving the 9 whp best run vs. best run and 6 whp best run vs. worst run.

Not earthshattering by any means, but I was glad to see the numbers come close to what was advertised by Fabspeed for me at least. Looking at the hunks of metal the bypass pipes replaced I would have been absolutely shocked to see anything less than 5-6 whp.

BTW - the car really hates the dyno. It won't dyno at all with PSM on and although it will with PSM off, you get all kinds of "drive immediately in for service" messages afterwards until you drive the car a bit on the street and let the systems reset.
2004 550 SE #1081 of 1953 (sold)
1997 911 Targa (sold)

Last edited by mts; 10-14-2008 at 01:37 PM.
mts is offline   Reply With Quote