View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #20
nefarious986

Agreed. I keep having people ask me what year my car is. When I tell them its a 2000, they jaws drop. They expected to hear like 08 or 09 or something. Most people just cant tell Porsches apart .. Our 8 year old $20 car looks like its 1 or 2 years old and worth 50k easily !

I'm 25 and one time driving out of a gas station. A old bum walked up to me .. didnt ask for money or anything .. just looked at me .. smiled and said .. when I grow up, I want to be just like you.

What I hate though, is:

1. people think I am borrowing my dad's car for a joy ride
2. people that knows a bit about car that says stuff like .. oh .. so you couldn't afford a 911 ?
3. girls that says, oh, you have the cheapest Porshe ( like the ONLY reason I bought my car was for the P logo on the hood ) ?

#2 is the most annoying because even though I could afford a 911, I would rather keep my box. To me, balance is more important, but do I really want to get into an argument about mr setups vs rr setups ? And even then I cant win because they'll still think I'm just compensating for the fact that I cant buy a 911. LOL. Maybe a TT .. i'll consider .. otherwise .. NEXT !
nefarious986 is offline   Reply With Quote