View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #17
23109VC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
I believe her comment, which was completely inappropriate by the way, was meant to mean:

3. She probably thinks the car is easily a $50k+ car today and doesn't know it's worth less than most 2-3 year old Toyotas on your school car lot. <-- typical thinking from an uneducated consumer.

However, it does not change the stereotype or perception. You must never forget that others (regardless of age) will assume your parents bought you that $50,000 sports car and you are a spoiled brat who feels you deserved the car because you wanted it.

You will have to work overtime to help people see this isn't the case. It's not fair that you have to do this, but alas, you still must do it if you don't want nasty comments made about you and the beautiful car you drive.

At 46, I am asked how I can afford a Porsche as a minister. I ask the person how much they paid for their wife's new minivan or SUV and I tell them, "You could buy THREE cars just like mine for what you paid for that Toyota Sequoia last year."

That shuts them up.

Just don't tell them your car requires $2-3k a year to keep rolling

this is all so true. I bought a used 2000 2.7 and I swear, people at work and friends act like I bought a Carrera GT. Honestly, most of them have no clue what yhear it is, how many miles are on it, or what it's real value is. they just know it's a porsche and they all think I blew $50k. the car cost me 12k... ha! there are honda civics on the work parking lot that cost more than my pcar - and these people at work act like I bought a Veyron....

in a way it's kind of cool. you can get such a nice, fun, exotic feeling car, for the price of a commuter mobile - and people act like you are driving a ferrari...mostly because they are ignorant about cars and only know ti's a porsche.

enjoy your car. not many 16 year olds are as mature/classy as you. most of them woudl rather have their nose and lips pierced and cruise in an EVO or Civic witgh a big fat wing on it.

best advice I can give you...were I to go back to being 16 years old again - nail all the women you can. be safe or course, but bang them all.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote