View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #13
Jake Raby
Engine Surgeon

Time is telling already.. The oldest of engines with the "fix" was done 3 years ago..

Skepticism is keeping people away, but guys that appreciate innovation can see what they need to understand why it works so well and why Porsche didn't do it at the factory.

To help combat some of the doubt and catalyze the development we are building a line of really nasty Turbo engines put on the edge and pushed to the limits with 28 channels of data logging in the car.... If we can put down 400 RWHP (maybe more) with a M96 engine and document pure abuse of it as well as daily driving without any failures, it will be really hard to argue with, or doubt. Proof will be in the data, oil samples and the associated blog where we'll journal the events..

That means 35-50K miles in a year on the street, and me putting a "shoe" that works for me in the seat for every DE held at Road Atlanta..

Thats exactly what I am doing now.. I don't care what else we break in the engine, as long as the classic IMS and D chunk failures are proven, we will have succeeded and done something that Porsche never succeeded with. They gave up and created the 9A1 :-)

We KNOW it works, but with an engine that has a reputation as bad as the M96 it will take years to prove that what we do works to the masses. Thats Human nature. It sucks for us, but we saw it coming and I have dealt with it for the majority of my life with the 914 engine..

I only like to work with bastard engines and things that no one else understands.
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote