View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #15
eslai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordblood
I had a look at GAHH, they only sell the seats themselves, worth 2 hundred something bucks.

I'd rather just get Sparco seats, which are I think 200 dollars a pop (for the comfort seats, not track ones).

I don't need a really fancy stereo, the stock one skips the CD around when I go over bumps, so I'm guessing the player itself is a bit bad right now. There is a place in my town that does 1 dollar installations, I'm thinking I might get a CD player and maybe a set of speakers from there.
Well, now that I know your age I can imagine what budget you're working with.

Normally the first thing you'd change is the speakers when dealing with any OEM system upgrade, but if CD's are skipping, yeah, looks like you'd want to either find an OEM replacement online, or buy a whole different new head unit. Either way you go you're looking at a bit of cost.

I would not recommend going to a Circuit City or "1 dollar" installation shop. Porsches are quirky in a lot of build respects and it's not going to be as easy as taking apart an old Civic to put in a head unit or new speakers. I'm sure Chig could elaborate LARGELY on that. Perhaps even in a HUGE way.