Thread: new boxster S
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 10:28 AM   #5
scycle2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAH
Just out of interest, why did you get rid of the 360 spider?

I've been considering one for a while, but it's still a bit out of my price range. Just wonder what they are like to live with.
3 reasons 1. money 2.money 3. i couldnt afford to keep it...but seriously, i always wanted a ferrari since i was a kid..so with some creative financing and a home equity loan, i bought a used 02 360 spider, 6 speed, with a tubi exhaust,...red with tan interior...was a blast to drive, great engine sound, beautiful work of italian art..it was fun at first, i felt like a movie star with all the attension i got...but the problem was, i wasnt a movie star!!!! its a very reliable exotic car, easy to drive, no problems with it...much better than the old ferraris...but you still are always worried about jparking it, getting a scratch, hit a pot hole.. all potential diassters in a ferrari...so i had it for a year , got it out of system, and sold it before the prices start dropping further, which i think they will in the next few years....the new boxster s is 90% as fun to drive, at 25% of thecost, without all the attention and paranoia of having a f car...i feel lucky to havae owned one, and gotten out before losing my shirt....porsches are much more practical sports car that can be driven to your hearts content...
scycle2020 is offline   Reply With Quote