View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 03:13 AM   #3
Jake Raby
Engine Surgeon

Thumbs up

The issues can't be ignored after what the past decasde has proven... Porsche can't cover up the fact that these engines have issues that weren't addressed as thoroughly as they could have been and that they still occur today.

I can't speak for Excellence, but I do know for a rfact that they wanted to shed as much light on the negative aspects of the engine (or more) than the positives and thats odd (highly respectable IMHO )for any publication.

I have had articles in magazines all over the World feature what we have developed for our air-cooled side of the house and most of them have been way less than impressive to deal with. In general they are a bunch of jack-asses that want someone to kiss their ass or give them something for free to get "ink" in their publication.

This is not something I have noted with Excellence in this M96 article OR the article they did on my air-cooled engine program in the December 2004 edition of the mag. They have been nothing but professional and wanted to share the truth about the air-cooled engines as well as the water-cooled M96.

The staff noted what we were doing and then asked us for content and some real world observations because the info was so little and hardly anyone has torn down more than 1-2 engines and few people have ever assembled one.
thats the problem with the engine, lack of understanding... Just like the 914 engine.
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote