View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #7
vincesf

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.fro
What an amazing car Porsche has produced. More HP & torque, and faster 0-60 time (in Sport Plus mode) than an 04 GT3. In regular mode, it was as civilized as a Benz. 25+mpg on the highway according to the OBC. In regular mode, I was cruising at 45 mph in 7th gear at 1300RPM...hit the gas, the motor spun up and the gears dropped, and it took off so hard my head smacked the seat. In the sport plus mode, the car held the low gear until it almost redlined, and the suspension was almost as tight as my 986 with the K-Sports. The acceleration was unreal. I would love to AX this car!
Sounds incredible and it is certainly the direction for the modern sports car. I must say that I will miss the involvement of the manual shift, especially when it is as smooth and quick as that provided by Porsche. If my car were an everyday driver PDK is certainly enticing, but my Porsche is an occasional driver and I long to shift, even if .2 seconds slower to 60 than PDK, it's a real driver's experience. Will PDK attract drivers to Porsche that ordinarily would drive a MBZ? Perhaps, and it is a better car for it. I just hope that they do not discontinue manual shifters for some of us.
vincesf
vincesf is offline   Reply With Quote