View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
Lil bastard

Nice Helmet. The problem is, all helmets do not fit all heads and I can't fit a Schuberth. Good luck with it (and be sure to get a rider on your ins. to cover it!)

I got a new brain bucket a couple months ago from a friend visiting here from the UK. It's a Shark Evoline, IMHO the best Modular on the market today, though that GIVI does look nice too! The Evoline is not available here as it hasn't yet been submitted for DOT or Snell approval - but it is BSI (British Standards Institution), ACU (Auto-Cycle Union) and ECE 22.05-P (protective lower face cover) certified which all exceed both DOT and Snell standards.

My buddy's brother owns the UK distributorship for Shark, so he brought it over to allow me to try it's fit which it does very well. I got it for cost ($500USD vs $1200 (converted) retail) and paid no duty or S/H. If it hadn't fit, my friend would just have brought it back home.

It has an internal sunvisor, great venting, SS closures - very important as some, like the Nolan Modular (IIRC) have plastic closing mechanisms which have been reported to open during an impact. The coolest feature is how the chin bar reverses and moves to the back of the helmet allowing you to wear it as a very aerodynamic half-face helmet if you wanted to - most modulars aren't at all aerodynamic and if you try to wear them open above 20MPH, the head bobbles are neck-snapping. It also has a quick-close SS chin strap.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!

Last edited by Lil bastard; 10-07-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote