View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 07:51 AM   #7
edevlin

"Larger wheels are almost always heavier than smaller ones and they not only add to straight weight, but rotational inertia. Are those 18"s?"

Good point, the 18" wheels with PS2's weight about 4 lbs heavier each. Between the extra weight and especially the greater moment of inerta the car felt noticably slower when I put them on.

Also, my aftermarket stereo adds another 10 lbs or so. Still, I figure the car is about 100 lbs lighter than stock, and with the performance mods on the car, the dyno says I am getting 210 hp to the wheels, it feels pretty quick and oh so much fun. I had the car out this morning and was doing some tight s-turns, the GT3 seats make you feel part of the car, no more sliding around in the seats on cornering, that part is great.

I still have to get used to the snug fit in the seats for my 5'10", 175 lb body. Also, the seats are almost the same seat height as the stock seats, and you sit in a fairly upright position. I may decide drill some holes in the side mounts and lower the seats about an inch or so.

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote