View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 03:13 AM   #1
edevlin

Weight Loss, Car, Not Me...

Well, I finally did it, my master plan for modding my base 2000 Boxster is complete with the addition this weekend of OEM GT3 seats. I will try to get some pictures loaded up later today. I got the seats from a PCA member and great guy that lives about 3 hours drive away. I removed the passenger seat before I drove my Boxster to his place, and we installed the seats there.

I did the 3 hour drive home with the old drivers-side seat bundled up next to me. The seats feel snug and I dont seem to sit any lower than my stock seats, but they felt great, even for the longish drive home. One of my strategies to make the car more fun to drive has been to lighten it up, here is what I figure the weight savings has been for my car:

Barille Lightweight Battery: 25 lbs

Lightweight Flywheel: 15 lbs

Aftermarket Exhaust: 20 lbs

No Spare Tire: 25 lbs (Car, not me...)

GT3 Seats: 45 lbs (stock seats 51 lbs, GT3 seats 28 lbs)

That puts the wieght of my car (these must be dry weights) at 2650 lbs or so, assuming a stock weight of 2775 lbs for a base 2000 Boxster. The car sure feels great, quite responsive. Now, if I can only lose 15 lbs which I have put on in last few years.....

Ed

:dance: :dance: :dance:

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote