View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 07:02 AM   #12
dja1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Kaplan
I purchased a GAHH top for my 2000 about one month ago. I think the tops are treated. I was very pleased with the fit and finish. Even though the back window is smaller, I find the shape easier to see out of. The defroster is a simple plug and play.

Just to let you know, I used a GAHH approved installer in Tampa, Florida and had them purchase the top. Total cost, including installation was only $1,150.00. You may want to negotiate a better price.

Eric
Man, I don't know how you guys got such good deals on these installs. I called GAHH and got a list of 7 different installers in my area (Chicagoland). I told every one of them that I had seen guys on the boards getting these tops installed for around $1,200, but no one could seem to touch that price.

I got quotes ranging from $1,422 to $1,790. The guy that quoted $1,790 did come down to $1,550 when I told him about my quote for $1,422, but that was the best I could do. I eventually called the $1,422 guy back and asked him if he would do "out the door" for $1,400, and he agreed. I have an apointment for next week.

For the guys who have gotten these tops installed for around $1,200, did this include the German Canvas with the defroster wire harness? I know GAHH is throwing the harness in for free right now.
dja1980 is offline   Reply With Quote