View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
angman

Do it.

Its very easy to do without having to remove anything. All you have to do is ensure you get things really clean. I used the duplicolor kit that cost me about $35 and it looks great. I haven't found the need to add a clearcoat either and the Ebay Porsche stickers in white from Xenon Mods work and stay on perfectly. The high heat from the calipers in a way cures the paint and makes it look all glossy.

It really brought the car to life and since the stock calipers on the Boxster's are massive solid Brembo's to begin with it looks very good. I wouldn't do it on my BMW because the calipers aren't solid like ours.

I used a wire brush along with the brake cleaner from my kit. This literally took off the factory Porsche lettering when I scrubbed it hard. The factory black gets dull and needs a freshening up over time even if you don't want it in red.

I have an extra unused can of the red if you want it for $10. I bought an extra can but only used half of my first can using a couple of brushes and about 3-4 coats on each caliper. I still have plenty for any touch ups (which I have had to do when I chipped the paint when mounting my wheels back on). You will need to buy a can of brake cleaner though.

This is a simple one day job.

Carbon Everything
De-ambered
De-snorkled
Litronics
Eibach Pro Kit
Dansk Sport exhaust
Cheap Chinese headers
Silver console and bumperettes
AVIC D3
15mm H&R spacers in the rear
SSR GT3 19's
GT3 Carbon Replicas
Alcantera door panels
JL Aduio 5 channel powering Polks and Clif Designs

To do/complete:
Elemental Designs 10" subs in fiberglass enclosures behind seats
Carbon 3 spoke install with custom stereo control buttons (tiptronic wheel)
angman is offline   Reply With Quote