View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
23109VC

Paint calipers Red or leave black?

I have a 2000 base.

I'm probably going to do my own brakes next weekend. I was debating on painting the calipers red while i have the wheels off and the brakes apart.

Suncoast has a kit I can buy along with my pads/rotors. it claims i don't even have to take the caliper off if I don't want to...although as I will be replacing the rotor, i'll have to at least remove it partially, although I probably won't take off my brake lines...

i guess I could get S/S lines and redo all the fluid - ah.more money to spend...

anyway - part of me wants to leave them black..although tehy kind of look dirty..but it woudl be kidn of cool to have red calipers. it would look nice. the S models have it factory...if I took my time and did it right, it would turn out nice.

i can order the Porsche stickers to put back on and make it look OEM.

do most of you find it tasteful, or tacky?

my car is ocean blue, with black interior. the whole car is either black/blue..so part of me thinks having black calipers somewhat just ties in the whole look and red would perhaps stand out too much and look out of place.

any thoughts? i also don't want to do it myself and make it look crummy. i have seen "homemade" caliper paint kits that look all sloppy and patchy and very poor quality. that looks terrible. if that is how most of these DIY jobs come out, i'll pass.

thanks for any suggestions or comments.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote