View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 12:38 PM   #30
djomlas

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
here is how mine turned out. i used MICROFINISH LLC instead of paintscratch.com but im sure its the same thing.
color mach is 100%.
i took the bumperettes off when i ordered the paint, and spent some time with them hehe
sanded them down with 200 grit, then 320, then 400, then 600.
then put on primer, and after every coat i would sand as well....i put on about 4-5 layers, this stuff is so textured and pain in the a$$ so get smooth, so take your time with that (after i finished i can still see that i could have done better).
after the last coat of primer, i let it sit over-night and sanded the last coat of primer with 400 as indicated on can.
then the paint showed up (it was about 75 degrees out), and i started painting them.
put on about 6-7 coats (pretty much the whole can is gone)
then after the paint has cured i put on about 4 coats of clear.
after the clear has hardened good (48 hrs) the can says to put on some rubbing compound to get rid of any imperfections and to shine it up (it reallllly did that surprisingly) and the final result is as shown in the pic.
really nice and glossy, smooth.
hey, for 20 or so bucks it really changes the back of the car (for some reason mine were different, one was smooth kinda and the other one was like sandpaper, the original ones so they really stuck out like a boner in sweatpants)
btw, while all that was drying, i replaced the stock bulbs inside the license plate lights to LEDs, and wow really looks nice with glossy painted parts once on.
ooo, and i was taking pics of the bike and pulled out the car to take pics as well, that's why its there hehe

btw, the bulb holders weren't screwed in place, that's why the right one looks like its lighting up on the side more than in the middle.
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page

Last edited by djomlas; 09-28-2008 at 12:41 PM.
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote