View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #8
23109VC

I bought a code reader at Pepboys. they told me that they can't loan them out - they claimed no one loaned them out...anyway..I got a cheapo one for $80 that only reads the codes. they had some nicer onces in the 150-200 range, but I wasn't sure if I would ever really be in a position to benefit from the added functions... i can always take this one back and exchange it if those more $$$ ones actually will help me out in the future..feel free to explain why the ones that give more info are "better" or will be of benefit in the future.

the codes it gave me were:

P1128
P1130

I searched around online briefly and it looks like this has something to do with the MAF. either it's totally shot and needs to be replaced, or perhaps it can be cleaned. I will search around and look for cleaning the MAF.

if it's not too hard, I'll try to take it out and clean it and put it back. if that won't work, i guess i'll have to replace it.

one symptom of a bad MAF - according to my quick search, was decreased performance, and I did notice that the car seemed to lack power..

you guys think it's a MAF?
is there ay way to know if the MAF is worth cleaning? or do they wear out and the car will run better with a new one vs. cleaning due to my car having 73k miles? i'm sure this is the original MAF....i have all the service records and I don't beleive it's ever been changed.

thanks guys!
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote