View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 10:37 AM   #6
pteam

Ok I got the boxster S to run a 14.7 quarter mile, my girlfriend ran a 14.8. This was in the tiptronic launching at idle (700-800 rpms?) I think every time we ran the boxster (only about 4 total) we had 2 people in the car. We would put it in manual mode and downshift into 1st to start and then just floor it until you crossed the finish line. BTW there was a cobra mustang there with alot more horsepower than my porsche that was running 15's. I think a combination of the porsche's perfect shifts vs human error and slower shifts, and no wheel spin and lower weight is what made my car faster.

I did try to rev it up to 2k rpms before in the parking lot and hold the brake and the car did not like it at all, and it was driving right through the brakes and I didnt want to break anything so I just launched at idle. But I'm sure if you could launch at 3k rpms and drop the 2nd person in the car you could run half a second better maybe.

My 800 hp viper was severly limited by traction. My brand new ps2s were not able to keep up with the horsepower I spun my tires in every gear 1st 2nd 3rd and would cross the line in 4th. Sometimes I was going sideways at only 4000 rpms and would have to shift up at only 4k rpms it was disappointing. My buddy who has the same car pretty much (supercharged 06 viper) ran a 11.5 quarter he has sticker tires the pilot sport cups and another friend of ours who has an older supercharged viper with about 50 horsepower less than us but had full drag slicks ran a 10.9. If I had had full drag slicks I think the car could maybe get as low as 10.5.

The funny thing is when driving the viper on the street I can floor it in 1st and 2nd all the way to redline and as long as the tires are not cold I don't get wheelspin like I did at the track. I was only launching the viper at around 1000 rpms because it has so much torque. I think because we rented the track out privately and it was a tuesday the track wasn't prepped very good or even at all.

But the boxster was a breeze to drive just floor it and go, perfect shifts, no wheel spin, totally different than the viper lol
Supercharged Viper SRT-10 800 HP Special Edition #49 of #50 (current)
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster
911 Cab
Boxster S (current)
08 Hummer H2 (current)
BMW Z3 (current)

Limos in Ohio and PA - First Class Limo Columbus Limos

http://pteam.net/avatar3.jpg
my car collection *Porschephiles agree, Desnorkify your Porsche!*

Last edited by pteam; 09-28-2008 at 10:50 AM.
pteam is offline   Reply With Quote