View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 07:45 PM   #7
23109VC

so assuming it is a vacuum leak, failing MAF, or AOS - is it okay to drive it like this?

can the car be further damaged, or can I do engine damage driving it any further?

I'd have to drive 30-40 miles to get to either the dealer or an independent Porsche mechanic. to go to Pepboys tomorrow to get the code read is only a mile or so... they are very close.

i just don't want to worry that if i drove it a mile, or the 30 miles to a dealer - that I might cause further damage or hurt the engine or other $$ item. if the car will not get damaged - but just not run smoothly - that's fine.

is an AOS expensive? I've seen posts on the MAF - not cheap, but not horrible. i would think a vacuum leak is cheap, it's just that it might cost labor to find it...

that hissing noise is audible from the drivers side and if you get down the ground, under the car you really hear it. i tried to take a video of it to record the sound, but my digital camera did not pick up the sound very well. you can hear it great with your ear, but the camera doesn't seem to record the hissing. so the video would be worthless to post...

if i can get a better sound recording, i'll post a video of the noise. if i ge the code read tomorrow, i'll post that.

THANKS!!
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote