View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 11:53 AM   #1
23109VC

Check Engine Light on - advice/help?

UPDATE- I got the codes.

P1128 / P1130

took car out for a drive - maybe went 15-20 miles... it was very hot outside, maybe 90degrees... no reallyhard driving.

i was a mile from home and noticed the check engine light was on. i have no idea when it popped on, i just know when i noticed it.

the car is running exactly the same as it did the last few days. no weird noises, no sounds, no nothing. i pulled over a hundred yards from home, stopped car, pulled out the key, let it sit for a few seconds, then started it back up - everything seemed normal. the CEL did not go away.

it's still there. is there any way I can easily figure out WHAT CEL code this is w/out goign to the dealer?

i don't want to drive it if it is something really really bad, but the nearest dealer is a good 40-50 miles away.

is driving it with the light on asking for something catastrophic / $$$ to go wrong?

any suggestions? thank you. this is a bummer in that I JUST got the car, but I'm optimistic that it's osmething not that bad. the car drove fine, made no weird noises...etc...

or is a CEL going on a big big red flag that the car is about to detonate?

should I run out and get that extended warranty now??

Last edited by 23109VC; 09-28-2008 at 11:54 AM. Reason: add info
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote