View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 06:21 PM   #36
Brucelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickurt
I do when I have the chance. Usually I barely have time to give the morons a few more inches of clearance. I really don't want to have to witness, or especially have my wife witness, one of their disasters.

Hey Rich,
Have you thought about a sticky thread, or perhaps a section, dedicated to the competition drivers on the forum passing along info to those who haven't had the benefit of this experience applied to daily driving?
I thought about it when I made my mirror comments above and also the awareness comments. For those who have only been taught the BS wandering eyes strategy of trying to see everything, they will be amazed at the proper way to drive. Same with simple stuff like proper adjustment of all three rear view mirrors and how to watch the big picture of your periferial (sp?) vision, while prioritizing parts of that view. I actually really enjoyed applying what I learned by reading books by Jackie Stewart and Niki Lauda to daily driving, as off track practice. The un-thought-of side benefiit was a drastic improvement in daily driving safety. I have since passed those lessons on to my wife and two daughters. I'm also sure the guys who have raced and track dayed their Boxsters have some great info I didn't learn driving purpose-built race cars.
If you start a thread, I will stick it.

Easier than trying to set up a different forum.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote