View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 07:15 PM   #132
RandallNeighbour

Der Geist wins the prize. My mechanic took his impact wrench out and three seconds later, they popped right off. I swapped the springs, added the skinny ones below on the rear, and put them back together.

He's planning to work late tonight and have the job done by tomorrow. 19 hours is what he quoted me to do all four bearings, the trailing arms in the rear, three lower control arms, install the Ksports, and the track arms (toe links)... $1500.

He's also thrown in a four wheel laser alignment he's doing at the dealership on his own time and nickel. Not bad considering the hours required to do all this work.

I am expecting a totally different car when I pick it up.

Insite, your instructions did not have a measurement on the rears from the ground to the top of the wheel well. Is there a recommended height?

BTW, I noticed something very interesting on the freeway out to his place today. I had the ksports in the rear trunk, adding about 45 lbs to the rear of the car. The front was really squirrelly at 75 mph and unstable. Almost like I had a flat tire. I do hope that was just the extra weight in the back with nothing added to the front to balance it out. Weird indeed.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote