View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #14
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
I'm with you man. I've been looking at dumping my DD Honduh for something nicer. I've considered a base Boxster and put a hardtop on it as I don't get snow where I live in the winter, just lots of rain. But the Audi TT really appeals to me. I can get a 225 Hp coupe with a turbo engine, AWD, and ~40,000 miles on the clock for about $15,000. Maybe it's not the best performer in the twisties, but I still have a Boxster S for that. I think for the money it's a great deal. So the TT is still on my wish list. I'm just waiting for my Honduh to die.

Kirk
I actually would never choose any German car for a daily driver, maintenance is too high and parts are too expensive compared to the alternatives. The indy that worked on my Acura charged half the labor rate of the Porsche indy that I use, and I rarely ever needed to bring it in anyway. But I think the TT would make a better "beater" than a Boxster.

Personally, for a winter beater, I'd buy an Impreza again if I had the choice. It's the most dependable car I've ever owned, and it's plenty of fun too.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote