View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #16
mikefocke

A question for Jake

I've asked some of this before but it didn't get answered.

My understanding is that engine designers produce dozens of sample engines and put them through simulations and real world trials involving millions of miles and still design and production defects exist.

You have mentioned a single trial mule car.

Can you tell us what testing you have done on the various configurations of engines you are offering? For example...has the 3.2 to 3.6 engine been specifically tested and how many and how much? Ditto the 2.7 to 3.0?

Does use of the engine for a drivers education event (not racing, just driving fast on a track) void the warranty? Auto-X?

Have you done anything to the sump? Deeper? Baffle changes?

Do you have any locations yet for authorized installers since that seems to be a requirement for the warranty?

And lastly, emission issues in a non-California state are a concern since my state does access the OBDII port and talks to their central computer in the state capitol before OKing the emissions every year. Has there been any emissions testings of the engines and what do you know about the non-CA legality?

-------

Thanks for the postings and for the development work. Your approach is a valuable addition to the options available to those few who have problems or those many investigating and upgrade.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote