Thread: Bumper Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #6
Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
I think that bumper looks nice. My only concern is that there is a rubber/plastic radiator duct that is form fit to the factory bumper openings. I wonder if they fit cleanly behind the aftermarket bumper, or if you have to do modifications to make it work. Also, in the turbo bumper, there's a middle opening for a center radiator which the base models don't have, so I guess you'd need to put a fill there as well.

Boxtaboy, those are very real concerns. I know on the GT3 MK1 bumper it will fit the rubber radiator shrouds perfectly on the '07 - '04 Boxsters. The same would be true for the Boxster aerokit bumpers. Someone else was just selling a RUF front bumper for the Boxster and even though the bumper is quite different it came with rubber radiator shrouds to match it, which I believe is excellent engineering on RUF's behalf. Anything else I've seen the rubber shrouds do not match and it looks bad up close and maybe does not result in ideal cooling efficiency. There's a Gemballa front bumper that I LOVE, but which only fits the 911 Turbo style lights. I saw it recently on a friend's 911 and it looked bad up close precisely because there was no shroud or bottom cover, so it was just open underneath....

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote