View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
Kirk

If you've got a multi-meter I would double check the ground for continuity to the body of the car and check for voltage. If you've got ground, then the wiring harness is probably connected. If you don't have voltage, then I'd double check that fuse. Some of the MOST confusing problems I've had are from light bulbs and fuses that looked good, but actually were not.

If you have neither voltage nor ground, then I would take the rear bumper off to see if it got unplugged. Maybe someone removed the rear bumper to install an exhaust and forgot to plug the lights back in. It's easy to forget and would go largely unnoticed by most.

If you don't have a multimeter, then buy one, borrow one, or go to an autoparts place like AutoZone where they rent them for free. Usually you can check for resistance (ohms) and there will be a setting to check for continuity (the meter beeps if there is an electrical connection). There should be continuity between the negative lead on the bulb socket and the car's metal body.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote