View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 02:08 PM   #54
grantsfo

Too much credit to tires? ...really? I like to think I have some expereince with running both street and DOT tires and I usually gain 2 seconds with DOT's. When I know a course is going to be fairly open I chose the Mazda 6 over the Boxster for AX becuase I know I can go much faster in the Mazda 6. Its also a kick to to show up in the wolf in sheeps clothing at Porsche events.

LOL! Guess all 30 of the Boxster and Cayman drivers at that event were slouches because even the 2 that beat the Mazda were not far ahead? Some of you guys are hilarious. Never understood the "Boxster is superior" mentality. Its a great car but it lacks good low end torque that is critical for track and AX driving on certain courses and in stockish form they understeer like pigs.

Superior Japanese engineering + Great low end torque + AWD traction - Average driver = Boxster beater

Mazdaspeed 6 also has several street class rally wins over cars you would typically expect to beat it.

The other nice thing about the Mazdaspeed 6 is that its not a mass produced car like the Boxster so you dont see many around. Nice to have some exclusivity when I'm cruising for the babes. Put some dope 20" wheels on the MS6 and CF hood and I'll be stylin.

Signed, Long John Silver.

Last edited by grantsfo; 08-29-2008 at 02:15 PM.