View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 10:08 AM   #52
Thumper

This has turned into an excellent thread! My 2.7 is approaching 80k miles and has been rock solid reliable, but I do know that there will come a day when it's time to address an engine replacement. I had thought of moving to a Carrera after the Boxster, but after driving several, I still find myself preferring the Boxster, but just wishing for more power. My plans have been to transplant a 3.6 when the 2.7 checks out, but after reading this thread I am pleased to find that there are more options than just a factory engine swap.

I am very interested in the 3.2 to big bore 3.6 program, but I have a few questions. My core would be a 2.7, so I assume there would be an additional charge since I wouldn't have a 3.2 to offer as my core. My Boxster is a tip, and I'm wondering if the tip would hold up to power of the "3.6"? I like my tip for driving in heavy traffic and am comfortable with my manhood to not let the manual only crowd effect my self esteem. I also have plans to put a limited slip in while I have it all apart for the engine swap. Would I have to change out my DME from a 3.2 or could my 2.7 unit work with a reflash?

My dream of a "Monster Boxster" is beginning to look like a very viable reality. :dance:
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote