View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 09:19 AM   #49
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantsfo
I'm a Boxster owner! I own a nice 1999 2.5 that I'm converting to a 3.4 so I dont get embarrassed by Japanese sedans on the track. I didnt call Porsche drivers sissies, I called the Boxster the sissy car of the Porsche world. Although new Boxster S with 3.4 motor is certainly much closer to a real performance car now. Dont get me wrong Boxster is a fine car almost as good a sports car as my 914 was, but all but the 987 S Boxster would be stomped by the Mazdaspeed 6 on big HP track.

I figured a ridiculous post about somone street racing a Solara was the perfect place to have a little fun.

And for more giggles here is result from a PCA AX I drove the 100% stock MazdaSpeed 6. AX isnt that where Boxster should excel over a 3600 lb AWD sedan on street tires? Car in 17th place was the MS6. http://www.pca-ggr.org/files/htm/10-13-07candlestick.htm

Picture of the beast in action:

I'm confused, there are 2.7L and 3.2L Boxsters and a Cayman faster than you and then identical cars behind you. All I can gleen from this information is AX performance is heavily dependent on the driver, which I think we already understood.